ECA Newsletter 8/24/17
It’s A Miracle!!
The largest Community Relations Project in the history of the ECA is underway. Our Board of Directors have directed me to get fully involved in the Miracle League facility for handicapped children and I hope I can count on some of the ECA membership to assist us in the building of this project in Petaluma.
For those who do not recall what this is about, I have included the link to the promo video here for a short review of this worthy project-click away!
As a matter of introduction, let me give you a status update:
- Lucchesi Park is the site of the Project in Petaluma
- A generous donor and many significant donors have gotten the fundraising total to over $600,000 to date (the rough estimate of the overall project is around $1.5 million to $2 million).
- The City of Petaluma has waived all encroachment fees and has been working closely with the Engineers and our Project Champion Willie Ghilotti to get us to the point where we are ready to break ground on the first phase of work in September, 2017.
- Jeff Bordessa and Stuber Stroeh have gotten us to the point where Ghilotti Construction has been able to do a takeoff of the first phase of work.
- The ECA is coordinating the “ask” to get the first portion of work completed. The “street value” of the first phase of work is around $178,000.
- Because of grant funding, we are under a time constraint to get the playground grading work done in time for the playground equipment company to coordinate the installation of the playground equipment by September 30, 2017.
The first phase (see attached Plan sheet) includes the grading and preparation of the Playground area that will have handicapped access as well as handicapped playground equipment for these challenged youngsters.
The short version of what is needed to do is as follows:
*The first week of September, the City of Petaluma will cap the irrigation lines at the project site.
*The first week of September, the site (which is about 10,000 sf), needs to be mass excavated and compacted to subgrade elevation and there will be approximately 250 cy of offhaul.
*The second week of September, we need to place about 10,000 sf of stabilization fabric
*The second week of September, we need to procure, deliver, spread and compact approximately 350 tons of baserock.
*The third week of September, we need to form and place concrete for a concrete bench/header (approximately 13 cy). We can use some help with form release oil, rebar, form cure spray, ready mix concrete, etc.
*The third week of September, we need to procure, deliver, spread, and compact approximately 150 tons of “Mayacama Red” imported surfacing.
We can break these items of work down further, but if you can assist in providing any or all of the needed components to any of these items of work, please let us know as soon as possible. We have supervision being provided by Ghilotti Construction Company for overall coordination of the work items and we have tremendous support being provided by Team Ghilotti and V Dolan Trucking as well. It will take a lot of small and not so small contributions by many companies to pull this off, but the ECA is committed to getting this done. Many details are in place (such as insurance forms naming additional insured, etc. for companies to do on site work, etc.).
Remember-if you can provide any of these items, even if you have to charge something for the items, please let us know what you might be willing to get involved with. Our time is short!
That’s All Folks!