BoDean Company, Inc. is looking for an Hot Plant Site Manager to join our team! BoDean offers a safe, healthy work environment where teamwork and dedication are encouraged! We do offer an exciting benefit package which includes Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays, 401K, Medical & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance as well as Profit Sharing for all full-time employees. Please reply to this email with a resume and cover letter in order to be considered.
Position Title: Site Manager – AC Operations
Status: Production Staff / Non-Exempt
1 CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
Responsible for the overall operation of the batch plant. Duties include, AC operations, plant processing, and the coordination of plant material needs.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO
Equipment and Plant Operators, Laborers, Maintenance, and Weighmaster.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for ordering and determining the inventory material needs of the asphalt plant (oil, cold feed truck scheduling).
• Assignment and/or reassignment of AC production staff in order to assure daily duties are carried out as directed.
• Establish plant schedules, including personnel weekly schedule to assure adequate coverage for production needs.
• Responsible for the instruction and training of all employees in the proper operation and related activities of the plant (WM 2000).
• Track orders and assure accuracy of information provided.
• Serve as sales support staff by greeting visitors and customers in a positive and professional manner and providing good customer service.
• Responsible to resolve problems/concerns as they occur during the workday.
• Assist in maintaining strong quality control over material and production procedures.
• Assure adherence to all safety rules and regulations.
• Provide input to the Director of Production on plant operations and potential staffing needs.
• Responsible for shutting down procedures and assuring that everything is locked upon leaving.
• Assist in loading operations, maintenance needs, excavation, recycle plant, dust control and all other operational needs of the plant site.
• Responsible for storm water preparation and compliance.
• Responsible for process of dealing with employee accidents.
• Host monthly safety meeting and ensure proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Scheduling of oil.
• Attend seminars and maintain continuing education to facilitate plant
• operations, safety regulations and management of personnel.
• Provide input for the annual budgeting process.
• Research and development of new and used equipment.
• Research and development of new asphalt production techniques.
• Adhere to all BoDean policies and procedures.
• Maintain onsite employee files.
• Degree in Industrial Operations or four years work experience in related field may be substituted for the education.
• Knowledgeable in all phases of AC batch operations.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in written form.
• Ability to organize information, develop and implement reporting procedures.
• Must be a self-starter, organized, cooperative and able to work under pressure.
• Must be able to work at a steady pace for long periods of time.
• Must be able to tolerate the exposure and conditions of working outdoors.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as directed.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Primarily works outdoors in assisting with the overall operation of the asphalt batch plant. Continuous exposure to changes in temperature, weather conditions, and moderate to high levels of dust, noise and hot asphalt oils. Contact is made with hazardous machinery, such as crusher, conveyor belts, electrical control panel, heavy equipment, and welding materials. Walking surfaces may be uneven. Some managerial duties shall be performed in field office.
6. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Standing, walking and sitting intermittently throughout work shift. The individual is required to utilize moderate manual dexterity for record keeping and telephone functions. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying, bending and stooping when performing production activities. Visual acuity, near and far. Hearing and verbal skills required.
7. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR
Director of Production