I am trying to not inundate you with information that is readily available elsewhere. In some cases, I will provide links to important and time sensitive articles that our ECA Members might find useful. Needless to say, there is an abundance of news available out there. Let me “segment” the Soapbox so you can pick and choose what is of most interest and importance to you.
- A County by County and City by City informational page has been created by the Association of General Contractors. I have included it here for your information here
- Latest Local News article on Sonoma County Health Order here
- The Actual Health Order of Sonoma County Text and other specific information can be found at this link
- Bay Area Counties Extend and modify health order- link
Small Business Assistance
- Simple forms, quick loans start Friday, April 3, 2020. The official source of info is here–
- For Businesses with no employees, a separate program will be out on April 10, 2020. Keep reviewing the SBA website.
- Exchange Bank did a Webinar already and the slides are included here
Local Information and Meeting News
- Sonoma County Alliance General Membership Meeting 4-1-2020-to watch the meeting, click here–
- The ECA has a weekly meeting with Supervisor David Rabbitt and several other Executive Directors via ZOOM. As information arises, I will bring it to you in our Newsletters. If you have any questions for Supervisor Rabbitt email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contractors Licensing information regarding Essential Services and Health Order Exemptions – here
- The Social Distancing and Shelter In Place seems to be helping in the North Bay Area. The rate of spread is being lowered. We are not out of the woods yet, but it seems to be working—FINGERS CROSSED!!
E. From David Rabbitt:
- How long will it last? We do not know. Modeling is encouraging as we seem to be “flattening the curve”.
- How fast can we recover? Property taxes still due. That is a State issue to change. Counties have no say in it.
- Construction Dive is a great source of information, and I have provided a link here. It should be noted that there is general consensus that the 4thQuarter will be a huge one for the General Engineering Contracting Industry- link
Again-there is a lot more news out there, but most of it is available to all of you and I will not inundate you with the info.
Finally-the ECA is in contact with George Petersen Insurance about setting up a free Webinar dealing with safety protocols for the “new” normal for working safely in a pandemic situation. More to come soon.
That’s All Folks!
Information and resources to help you and your business and your employees get through this emergency.
Personal Protection to avoid the spread of the CoronaVirus: link
“Shelter At Home” orders issued last week by Governor Newsome: link
What exactly are essential services excluded from the Shelter At Home directive?: link
Donating personal protective equipment. If you have additional PPE to donate, here is where to donate: NEW PPEs in their original packages can be donated to the Salvation Army at 93 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa, Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
YouTube video from Mark Soiland, Soiland Company Inc., and Tennis Wick, Permit Sonoma on Where to donate masks: link
Attached is a letter with other Chambers and business organizations. It provides the case for immediate economic assistance for our business community and provides recommendations for ways to provide this assistance. Link
Find information about filing for Unemployment Insurance (UI) at: link
You can also access a step-by-step video tutorial: link
While the Job Link offices are currently closed, staff is working by telephone to respond to questions related to EDD and unemployment claims. Please call (707) 565-5550 for more information.
Help For Your Local Business:
Access local small business assistance by visiting: link
You can also call (707) 565-4667 with specific questions about how the Shelter in Place Order affects your business, or (707) 565-8079 with questions about unemployment claims or staff layoffs. Every level of government is working to soften the economic blow to people and businesses. Please bear with us as we sort through the fast-moving changes and build up new communications capacities. We will keep you informed of each development.
Local Businesses That Are Open (you can register your business here as well):
See a list of the GO LOCAL member businesses who are open online, for delivery and take out by visiting: link
To get your business listed as open, here is some help:
Are you on the Business is Open list? – The Press Democrat (and all Sonoma Media Investments [SMI] publications) wants to inform the public about the status of local businesses – who is operating and in what capacity. Inclusion is free and easy. Just answer the questions on this form and you’ll be included.
Updates On Local Corona Virus News:
Use our new “Dashboard” to monitor the local status of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Sonoma County at: link
Complete list of California’s essential workers: link
Small Business Assistance
Small Business Administration (SBA) – The SBA has programs for Disaster Loan Assistance. Visit their website for the latest information and how it may help your business