As you might be aware or not, President Dave Weller of RCX has a goal this year to start on our ECA 5-Year Strategic Plan. In order to even start the process, we need to gather some information from the Members, the Owners, and the Board of Directors. I will be putting out a series of Monkey Surveys to gather the needed information from the Members and the surveys are designed to take less than 5 minutes to fill out. The idea is to include one Survey Monkey every two to four weeks in the Newsletter. The various subjects of the surveys will be as follows:
Over the next few months, we want to gather information in these separate surveys:
1. which City is the best to work for in various areas.
2. what level your firm looks to stay involved with the ECA in the near future and ongoing.
3. if your firm would like to be more involved in providing a Manager type person to serve on the Board or as an Officer in the near future and ongoing.
4. which of the ECA events your firm find provide the best “return on investment” as to workshops, safety training, using ECA as a resource, or being on emergency contact lists for Municipal work.
5. whether you feel one or any of the committees the ECA has is returning any value to you as a Member.
6. whether you feel the ECA’s involvement in local government advocacy appreciably helps your Firm.
7. Whether you feel the ECA’s price structure of dues, events, and time commitment of its Members are in line with what you get back in benefits
Since today is the inclusion of the first Monkey Survey on subject #1 above, I would very much appreciate your feedback as to whether you believe it took too long, it was clear and allowed you to respond with an appropriate answer to the survey question, etc.
This first Survey originated from the Spec Committee where we felt it was relevant to our interaction with the various City and County staff we all work with, to have some sort of relative “rating” of the various Municipalities in our area. This is not designed to “rip the worst City” but rather to be able to provide positive and constructive feedback to the Cities and Counties we all do business with. This month the survey is focused on Sonoma County and it’s Cities but we will be addressing Napa County and Marin County in a future survey.
Please either fill out the Survey Monkey here or make certain someone within your firm fills it out in the next week or so.
That’s All Folks!