Quarterly General Membership Meeting
We have a General Membership Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, June 29, from 12-2pm. State Senator Mike McGuire, Sonoma County Supervisors David Rabbitt and James Gore, Sonoma County Transportation Authority ED Suzanne Smith, and the head of the Sonoma County Transportation and Public Works Department Johannes Hoevertsz. If you have questions for any of them, this is the opportunity to ask them!
In order to continue to be a “player” as an “influencer” in local road and infrastructure funding, we need to show these speakers that we support their advocacy on our behalf. Their efforts have allowed us to keep working as “essential” businesses and allowed us to receive an unprecedented amount of public funding for work that ECA firms do. Be sure to sign up today by emailing email@example.com!
Thank you to Canyon Rock Co. Inc. for sponsoring!!!
Flyer is attached here. We hope we see your smiling faces on Tuesday!
Golf Tournament Time!
The Annual ECA Golf Tournament is back on Monday, July 26 from 11am to around 6pm. We have 108 golfers signed up so far, and we will not take any more than 124 golfers. So please get your 4-somes in to Mary ASAP. Flyer is attached here
Sponsorships are lagging at a time when there is an unprecedented amount of work out there. We need to pick it up please! sponsor flyer
Thank you to Troy and Dawn and team at NorthGate Ready Mix for being our premiere sponsor! Thanks to all the others that have stepped up so far to sponsor. Go to the Events section in the newsletter to see all of the golf sponsors! The ECA depends on events like the golf tourney to cover our costs, so we are pleading with our members to step up and sponsor any of the items that Mary still needs a sponsor for. Please!
Here is the “lineup” of the golf tournament festivities at the Santa Rosa Golf and Country Club:
- Format is a 4-person scramble.
- There are two flights to consider for your 4-some-one is competitive, the other is fun. The prize for winning the competitive open flight is the one-of-a-kind die cast tractor donated each year by Peterson Cat. Your office needs one of these! The other prize for winning the “fun” division, is a Growler with the ECA logo and a special fun caption on it. You get to fill the Growler up with your favorite ale!
- We have a GMC Truck for our Hole in One prize donated by Silveira Auto Group. Thanks Scott! This will be on the 4thhole.
- We have a Women’s Long Drive Contest on the 11thHole, and a Men’s Long Drive Contest on the same hole. Look for the pink balloon on the clipboard for the women, and the blue balloon on the clipboard for the men. You MUST BE IN THE FAIRWAY TO COUNT! The prize for winning the Women’s Long Drive is a $50 Gift Certificate from the Santa Rosa Golf and Country Club Pro Shop, and for the Men it will be the same prize.
- There are four par 3’s on this course. Holes 4, 6, 15, 17 are the Par 3’s. On the 6thHole and the 17th Hole, the Women will have a Closest to the Pin contest, and on the 4th Hole and the 15th Hole, the Men will have a Closest to the Pin contest. The prizes for winning each of the holes is a Gift Certificate from the Santa Rosa Golf and Country Club Pro Shop for $50!
- The Putting Contest will be held before we tee off. Your entry registration pays for entering and participating in the putting contest. There will be three prizes awarded for the putting contest: 1st Place gets $150 Gift Certificate, 2nd Place gets $100 Gift Certificate, and 3rd Place gets a $50 Gift Certificate from the Santa Rosa Golf and Country Club Proshop.
- With your registration entry, you will get one Super Raffle Ticket to the Grand Prize Raffle, which is the top-of-the-line Traeger Pellet Grill! You can purchase more of the special $5 Super Raffle Tickets to enhance your chances to win. We will also have smaller Raffle prizes that you can purchase raffle tickets for at time of check in and during your round. Those are also nice prizes which will include Golf 4 somes, a Go Pro Camera, and some other nice prizes. Winners will be announced after the round of golf when we gather for a beer and the traditional announcements of the winning teams, Long Drive and Closest to the Pin winners, and raffle award winners.
- We will sell Mulligans at the check in tables, but Mulligans cannot be used on the putting surfaces as we are giving everyone a two-putt maximum score on each green already (this will help speed of play tremendously).
- We will have lunch served before the tournament, as well as “finger foods” after. Those are paid for as part of your registration price.
- Out on the course, we will have six “Informational” Hole Sponsors (Aaction Rents, Jim Persons Safety Pride, West Coast Diesel, Stevenson Supply, Road Machinery, West Coast Diesels, Sound Ideas, and the Housing Land Trust for Jamie Lane Community Relations Project.
- We will have three food and beverage Hospitality Holes out on the course: The traditional George Peterson Oyster hole, the traditional BoDean Taco and Margarita Hole, and the traditional ice cream Hole sponsored by Stony Point Rock Quarry.
All in all, this is shaping up to be one of our best Golf Tournaments ever. Please sign up for the last few golfers 4 somes, and PLEASE sponsor one of the opportunities to support the ECA for us!
That’s all folks!