I think those of us who believe that Prop 6 is really bad and needs to be defeated, want to know exactly what they can do to be most effective to insure Prop 6 goes down November 6. To that end, I find the United Contractors Bulletin to be the most concise, and easy to follow guide to action that I can recommend to you. Here it is:
Top Things You Can Do to Help Defeat Prop 6 Here are the most important things you can do today to help defeat Prop 6:
- ✓ Reach out to your employees: Download a templateletter you can easily edit and distribute to your employees through a company bulletin or direct letter. Click here for a Spanish translated copy. It is imperative that we educate our own employees and peers about the threat of Prop 6.
- ✓ Share the Facts: Share the No on Prop 6 Fact Sheet, Myth vs. Facts, and the list of projects at risk at the local levels. Make sure your employees, friends and family know what’s at risk.
- ✓ Use your signature line: Copy and paste the campaign logo to your email signature and ask your employees to do the same. This is an easy way to help spread the message multiple times a day to people in your networks.
- ✓ Order Campaign Materials: Campaign material such as bumper stickers, hard hat stickers and more are available upon request. Contact Gustavo Flores, Grassroots Coordinator to request these items for your equipment. Construction trucks and equipment are seen my hundreds of thousands of people up and down the state every day!
- ✓ Utilize certain jobsites: If you have a high-profile project that is a private works project and would like to hang a banner from an office window or highly visible piece of equipment please contact Gustavo Flores.
- ✓ Donate to the campaign: Make a contribution to the campaign and ask your peers to do the same. We can’t afford to look back and wish we had done more. (contribution form and important reporting info attached.)
- ✓ Talk to your field crew! Use 5-10 minutes during an organized safety meeting to talk to your employees in the filed about the importance of opposing Prop 6. UCON can assist you!
- ✓ Visit NoProp6.com to officially join the campaign, receive campaign updates and help spread the message.
- ✓ Utilize Social Media: Follow the campaign on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook and share the info on your own pages: https://twitter.com/noprop6 and https://www.facebook.com/NoProp6/.
- ✓ Utilize Linkedin: Share articles on your Linkedin Page about the need to defeat Prop 6. You can share UCON articles or official campaign bulletins. Help educate voters in your network!
That’s All Folks!
State Polling News:
Prop 6 Polling: Latest polling shows 48% of likely voters will reject Prop 6 while 39% will support it. The rest are undecided.
ECA Recommends Vote No on Prop 6
Prop 10 Polling: This is the rent control effort in California. Latest polling shows Prop 10 will be defeated Nov 6.
ECA Recommends Vote No on Prop 10
Feinstein vs De Leon: Latest polling shows Feinstein
still in front by 12%
ECA makes no recommendation on this race.
Most folks are not releasing Polling information, so I have to simply give you my somewhat informed opinion.
Measure N: This is the local housing bond measure that would, through property tax assessments, generate $124 million for building housing in Santa Rosa.
Too Close To Call
ECA Recommends Vote YES On Measure N
Measure M: This is the tax for Parks. This does not seem to be doing very well. I predict it will fail.
ECA makes no recommendation on Measure M
Measure O: This is the additional sales tax measure for the City of Santa Rosa. This does not seem to be doing very well. I predict it will fail.
ECA makes no recommendation on Measure O.