EVP Newsletter 8-24-16
Local Politics-Don’t Wake Up November 9th And Wonder If You Should Have Done More!
After several months of “kind of quiet” on the local political scene, things are about to get “less than quiet”.
Next week, the ECA and four other groups (The North Coast Builders Exchange, Sonoma County Alliance, the NorthBay Leadership Council, and Norbar (the Real Estate Folks), will be interviewing around 32 of the 39 candidates for the nine cities in Sonoma County as well as the two County Supervisor candidates. Following the interviews, the Government Affairs Committee will make recommendations to our Board of Directors in September, and our Board will decide who to endorse, contribute money to, or provide additional support to. That is how it works.
What has already been decided for Endorsements:
- Lynda Hopkins for Sonoma County 5th District Supervisor
- City of Santa Rosa-Ernesto Olivares.
No other endorsements or support has been decided upon.
As you are well aware, the ECA Board of Directors followed the lead of the ECA Government Affairs Committee (Eric Koenigshofer, Tim Smith, Brian Bottari, and Bill Williams) and endorsed Lynda Hopkins for Sonoma County 5th District Supervisor. There are several ways you can help Lynda’s campaign out:
- Go to Lynda’s website and endorse her link.
- Go to Lynda’s Facebook page and “Like” link
- Attend Lynda’s Town Hall Meeting Wednesday night (August 24, 2016) at Finley Center, Person Senior Wing, from 6-8pm
- Donate to the ECA PAC
- Donate directly to Lynda (see #1 above)
- Write a “Letter To The Editor” once and distribute to several newspapers at once (we will do this for you-if you are interested in doing this, I will make it as simple as possible-contact me!!!)
- Offer a sign placement address and owner’s name for a campaign sign to go up (by others). You can provide that information to me, and I will get it to the Lynda Hopkins’ campaign.
- Attend a “meet and greet” Host Team: Gwen and Wendell Trappe,
& Denise and Doug Wood
Where: Trappe’s Church Hall, 7777 Martnelli Rd. Forestville, CA 95436
When: Thursday, August 25 from 6pm – 8pm
Suggested Donation: $25 to $35, ALL ARE WELCOME
Please note that a contribution is not required to attend, but bring your checkbook because after you meet and listen to Lynda, we know you will want to get on board!…
So-I hope you can find some way to participate in local elections (you have to admit the National choices are pretty sucky compared to local politics). At our annual General Membership Meeting November 15, we will have a guest speaker – former Congressman Doug Bosco – to talk to us about why we in the Engineering Contracting Industry should care about, and be involved in local politics. DON’T WAKE UP ON NOVEMBER 9TH AND WONDER IF YOU COULD HAVE DONE MORE! Do one or more of the 8 choices listed above!!
That’s All Folks