- Pavement temperatures of “plug” lifts vs pavement temps of surface lifts before traffic is allowed on to the freshly paved surface.
- Why the City of Santa Rosa has specific sand equivalent requirements in their import spec that other jurisdictions do not adhere to.
- How the City of Santa Rosa is dealing with their new “Potholing” Bid Item and how Contractors are being considered when utilities are encountered that were either not shown on the drawings, or were not shown accurately on the drawings.
- Guest speakers from the City Fire Marshall’s office discussed new and existing fire line regulations associated with corrosion control for contractors and engineers tasked with compliance in designing and installing fire line buried pipe and appurtenances from the street connection to the fire riser.
- Low Impact Development manual changes for the Russian River watershed were discussed at the last meeting and included information on everything from landscape features to runoff requirements for parcels over 1 acre being developed. Erosion control and frequency of inspection has changes associated and that also was discussed as to how to comply.
Liquidated Damage clauses-changes to how the City of SR will be enforcing their liquidated damage clauses.
The problems associated with outside consultant firms inspecting the City work and how regs and rules can be applied without consistency depending on which consultant is inspecting
Changes in Marin and other jurisdictions as to specific work allowed to be performed by specialty licensed contractors. In the past, certain specialty licenses were allowed to perform work and now they are not. How wide is this change, and how does this effect our ECA contractor firms?
Partnering and Value Engineering-the ECA intends to discuss ways to incentivize Agencies, Contractors, and Engineers to consider formal Partnering on larger projects as a rule. We will be discussing the role of Partnering in Value Engineering concepts and how to share risk and reward for Partnering efforts.
Discussion on specific pavement techniques for deep lift paving that is being regulated outside of, and in more stringent conditions than the widely accepted Caltrans Spec requirements.